Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, 1 January 2017

Review: Dare to Remember: Shocking. Page-Turning. Psychological Thriller.

Dare to Remember: Shocking. Page-Turning. Psychological Thriller. Dare to Remember: Shocking. Page-Turning. Psychological Thriller. by Susanna Beard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If it wasn't for Christmas, new year and my birthday this book would have never been laid down until I had finished it from cover to cover.

Lisa and Ali were just two young women. Enjoying life. Kicking back and having fun until......
Something very bad happened and Ali was killed.

Lisa is undergoing therapy, it's helping her to talk about things but she only at first remembers herself in hospital.
Bit by bit things unfold.

Lisa needs time away, she needs her own company, a time to heal.
She moves into her new place. A good connection is formed with her elderly neighbor who has a dog. He's unable to take his dog out now so Lisa does, often, for lovely park and country walks.

Her day to day life moves on at a slow pace. She has purpose in seeing to her neighbor, walking the dog and now even adopting the dog, her friend, her companion.

She meets Jessica one day. Another friendship slowly blooms although Lisa wasn't eager to let that happen.

Night times though we're different, flashbacks.
Disturbing images and thoughts yet Lisa can't remember what it is she needs to remember.
Why is she feeling like this.

Her therapist is great. suggestions are made yet Lisa cannot always fulfill them.

I could hardly pull myself away from this fabulous read that kept my interest from page one to the end.
The characters were well grounded in my mind. I hung on every word, every sentence.
Fabulous authors talent to clear my head of everything around me and keep me focused on this story.
Great plot, great conclusion

My thanks to Legend Press via Net Galley for my personal copy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment