Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 25 March 2016

Review: Time to Say Goodbye

Time to Say Goodbye Time to Say Goodbye by S.D. Robertson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



If I had to write this review just after I had read this book, I just couldn't have, not in a million years.
First, my heart had to stop beating so fast.
I had to regain composure.
I would need to stop my forever flowing eyes of watery tears running down my cheeks and even then, I would have had to wait for my puffy eyes to subside.

DO NOT LET THIS PUT YOU OFF Because this book was a BEAUTIFUL CRY one of heart felt emotions.


If you had a little child who had lost their Mother in death and they looked at you and said "Daddy, you won't ever leave me will you?"
You would promise, and you would mean it. You could take your child into your arms and comfort them and say words like "I will always be here for you, comfort you, dry your eyes for you, bandage your knee for you, cuddle and love you always

And you would 120% mean those words.

But what if an unexpected event took your life? Leaving your daughter alone.

Then follows the "ghost" of the father "looking after his child as she grows.

I have never read such an awesome, unputdownable, heart touching [all the way through] book ever in this way.

It sometimes reminded me of the film GHOST with Patrick Swayze, but his wife got to see him, however, his daughter cannot.

This book is not all doom and gloom and forever wiping your eyes of tears but it is uplifting too.

S D Robertson. I am going to remember that name. This book has had such an effect on me that its taken me days to write.
Its one book this year you NEED to read.


*Thank you to HarperCollins UK, Avon via Net Galley for my copy to read and review*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment