Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 16 March 2016

Review: Looking Through Water

Looking Through Water Looking Through Water by Bob Rich, Jr.
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



What an absolutely tender heart wrenching, heart felt coming of age story this was.

The PA sent me this book a while ago as a proof read and I forgot all about it until I was going through my paperback books as I read a lot on my Kindle. But I loved reading this in paperback, the cover of this is absolutely brilliant and well thought out.

This is told when a Grandfather has taken his grandson on a fishing trip. Imagine the stories that Grandparents can tell you and the morals they can inflict on you just by a little story.

Here is a Grandfather connecting with his grandson on a boat catching fish. An impromptu chat that can speak many a word and many a thoughts.

The Grandfather recounts in such a way that the little boy understands what his granddad was like as a little boy growing up and how his life changed him for the better.

I did pick up on the mobile phone bit though, the year its based on the mobile phone wasn't invented, but nevertheless it was a great story.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment