Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 19 March 2016

Review: Healthy Speedy Suppers: Quick, Healthy and Delicious Recipes for Busy People

Healthy Speedy Suppers: Quick, Healthy and Delicious Recipes for Busy People Healthy Speedy Suppers: Quick, Healthy and Delicious Recipes for Busy People by MacGregor, Katriona
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


There is nothing worse than being a full time worker, or a mum with children or a young baby or just someone who doesn't feel like cooking tonight and wanting to eat 'in house' instead of sending for take outs or going out to eat. After all, that's getting more and more expensive.


Positives

The positives for me in this book is that the array of different meals are simple to prepare and reasonable to stand and cook. [I still don't think it replaces my slow cooker]
The options of recipes from Beef, Turkey mince [one of my favs in this book I HAVE to try] to lots of chicken dishes [which my son was salivating over because he loves anything with chicken] to fish.

I'm not a lover of fish unless its battered or breaded cod or haddock or smoked haddock [does fish fingers count?!!?, fish cakes even!] but there are two recipes using cod in this book that I am definitely going to try out.
I love something spicy and with flavour.
Lots of English dishes can be quite bland compared to other countries and we need to use spices and pulses more which within the pages of this book it encourages just that.


My negative was only one, if you are looking for a book with healthy recipes you will need to adapt some of the ingredients from ........say......heavy cream to 0%Total or greek yogurt or a lower version.

And white rice to brown rice and things like that to make it more calorie counted. Yes a lot of these recipes are healthy but they can be made health......er......if you are following a calorie counting regime, Slimming World or Weight Watchers [other healthy classes are available *wink*]


Most of these can be batched cooked and frozen ahead of time which is a bonus too.

*My thanks to Watkins Media Limited via Net Galley for this lovely coloured version*

Can I point out, I didn't feel the cover was 'appetizing' to the eye.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment