Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, 12 January 2016

Review: 183 Times a Year

183 Times a Year 183 Times a Year by Eva Jordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a great surprise to me. I went on several of my friends recommendations and the Publicist Maxine.

I love reading this kind of genre once in a while, its a refreshing change and this book by this author Eva Jordan brought a breath of fresh air into my day.

Teenage girls and arguments with their Moms go hand in hand. I remember when I was a teen [many moons ago] and when my daughter was growing up. Yep, loads and loads of times. So this book was a treat for me to see that its 'normal'.

Trouble is, this Mother also has a stepdaughter who likes to dress as a Goth. She also has a son.

This is family life dysfunctional, but growing, growing relationships, blossoming and finding themselves daughters. Rebel, rebel, be different, swim against the tide. But still want to be accepted.

Its funny, its enlightening, its OMG mouth dropping and as a parent having gone through a girls teenage years myself then going through it with my daughter who is in their 30's now......
I read this with a lot of 'tongue in cheek' moments.

Its written very well.

Really enjoyed it because it was also very moving at times.


Thank you to the author and her Publicist for allowing me to read/review this lovely book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment