Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 5 December 2015

Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter

Pretty GirlsPretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an truly awesome gruesome, at some times confusing but edge of your seat compelling read.

I am a bit late getting to the table reading this one, it slipped through my pile. So I thought I would listen to this on audio. Its the very first book I have "read" listening to it whilst doing my chores or driving to the shops. Somehow this was so real.

There's a girl gone missing, this reminds Claire of her sister who went missing twenty years ago. Its a mystery that was never solved.

Claire's Mother grieved but was able to move on and she made a life for herself despite the loss of her daughter.

The father on the other hand never ever gave up hope. Hence their marriage became estranged.

As we read through we learn that there seems to be a connection with the missing girl now and the missing girl twenty years ago.

Its graphic, gruesome in parts and when listening to it I felt it seemed worse that reading it in a book! But I kept on going because I knew that this fabulous author would not have written it if us readers didn't need to understand it. I realized as I went on in the book that it was vital to use readers, we really needed to know how vicious these attacks were.

The conclusion of this book was just awesome.

The letters Sam wrote to his daughter was heartbreaking, and that for me was the hardest part to read without tears.

Great thriller.

*My thanks go to Random House UK, Cornerstone via Net Galley for my copy*







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment