Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 16 October 2015

The Apple of her Eye by Pamela Evans

The Apple of her EyeThe Apple of her Eye by Pamela Evans
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



These are the kind of subject novels I used to read years ago and I can't help but to return to them once in a while especially ones written by this author among a few others I keep my eye on.

Pamela Evans writes such a good powerful heart felt story that you can't help but be mixed up in their lives, no matter if it was based back in the war times where I wasn't around then.

The war is on and a pub, which is the local one for folk around Chiswick takes a hit from the bombing.

Tragedy strikes not only for her and her family but for the other local folk too, her friends.

April takes over her Father's allotment and finds she has 'green fingers' and quite enjoys doing what she does, watching her efforts come forth.

Their friend Winnie runs a Green grocery and her husband is unable to see to it, but her son steps in.

We've all heard of the rationing in that time, so Aprils produce was welcome, very welcome.


This is a story of woe, pain and tragic circumstances, but it also portrays the stamina of people back there who "got on with it" and had pretty good back bone.

A well written story from this author as usual. Thoroughly recommend to any reader to one click this who hasn't read one of these authors books yet.

*Thank you to Headline via Net Galley for my copy *





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment