Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Building Raised Beds: A Guide to Constructing, Planting, and Growing for Vegetables or Flowers. A Storey BASICS® Title

Building Raised Beds: A Guide to Constructing, Planting, and Growing for Vegetables or Flowers. A Storey BASICS® Title by Fern Marshall Bradley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I am always looking for new ideas how I can join in the work in the garden and plant my plants and shrubs or grow some vegetables or herbs.
Because my mobility is quite bad I get frustrated that I cannot get down and plant things.

So I thought this book would give me some ideas. I can learnt how you had to dig down to build up. I wouldn't be able to do that alone.
But I recognized and learnt the need to do this.

It teaches us how to nurture the soil to get best results. After all, this is where your plants are going to live. I had to think about which way to do it, according to the sun, and also how big or small I would like it.

It also teaches how you can build upon it in time and even experiment with different shapes.
I have learnt that spacing is also important when it comes to planting.

It goes on to tell you how to water your plants, when to water your plants and how to nurture.

You can build up your area with bricks, wood surrounds, anything really that is durable.

I found this very interesting reading and learnt a lot.

I would like to thank Storey Publishing via Net Galley for my copy.
Publishing date is this coming December so look out for your copy

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment