Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 1 August 2015

Tremarnock by Emma Burstall

TremarnockTremarnock by Emma Burstall
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I really like to mix up my reading material so that I can be fresh in each genre I go back to.

So when I was given the chance to read this for review, I jumped at it. I have a book I purchased from this author and its slipped down my kindle, so after reading this one, its going to go to the top.

I love Cornwall, so it makes for a lovely part of the world to base a book in.
Its idyllic and peaceful.

There are old cottage style pubs, and the colourful buildings. I could just visual it in my minds eye.

Liz has a daughter to take care of and works two jobs.
So who looks after her daughter Rosie when she is working?

Neighbors. So she is very reliant on them.

She had to leave behind her cheating husband and start afresh in this wonderful village in Cornwall.

There are hard times coming and we learn and read about them. We see Liz's strength shine through.

I loved how this author portrayed the daughter, Rosie.

Rosie is just as strong and gusty as her Mother, determined and a great inner spirit.

They need to draw on this inner strength when a particular 'thing' happens, and I am NOT going to tell you what, but its not nice for Mom, not nice at all.

There were a lot of characters introduced within the pages of this book, but I feel its setting the scene for the next installment and there are a few characters I would love to learn more about.

I also loved that the 'love interest' was not the be all and end off. It wasn't shoved in your face the the presidence was given to the story and not full on sex. It made it a treat to read.

Yes there is romance.

The blow upon blow that happened in this book made me feel for Liz and her daughter. I know what its like to 'get up' then be bashed down 'get up' then be bashed down. Shake yourself off and start again.


Great storyteller, great author, she really knows how to weave a reader within the words of this story.

I cannot wait for book 2.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment