Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 1 August 2015

The Counting-Downers by A.J. Compton

The Counting-DownersThe Counting-Downers by A.J. Compton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Although this is a well written book and the writing I cannot fault it, I had a suspicion that I could recall something with the subject matter in.

I googled it, and I now recall I have read the book by Rachel Ward....Numbers. It too had images of clocks above peoples heads and being counted down to death.

I have to honestly say, at times, although the writing was poetic and I got the gist of what the author was trying to do with this, it failed to bring anything out in me except feeling quite sad. I felt sad to think how time is slipping away so fast.

I'm already middle aged without being reminded.

Seriously though, well written, but couldn't help reflecting on a film which Timberlake was in and book mentioned above.I can't recall the film now though. Ah yes, someone else mentioned this in their review RUNNER that was what the film was called.

Nothing new under the sun is there.

The book reads like it is speaking to the reader, I found that a weee bit off putting at times.

Seeing peoples clocks ticking down above their heads. I'm not sure I would handle that well.

The interesting this was though, YOU yourself couldn't see how much time YOU had left, you didn't have that option for yourself.

For a debut novel, it was good, but really needs expanding on certain areas. I did feel quite depressed at times.

I always give my honest thoughts, that is with no offence to the author, just my take on it personally



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment