Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 25 April 2015

PRE ORDER YOUR COPY OF Those Girls by Chevy Stevens

Those GirlsThose Girls by Chevy Stevens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This is totally 'unputdownable'.

There has not been one Chevy Stevens book I have had the pleasure of reading that I haven't liked or had a small moan about. This author really knows its reader.


The Campbell sisters, Jess, Courtney and Dani do not have the best of lives. They're Mother was dead.
[The story tells you how she came to die]
And they live with they're Father. He is one horrible man! He treats each girl terrible, he's abusive, cruel, he's cruel to the point of almost death.

He goes off to work for periods of times and the girls spend a lot of time on their own. No money for food. They sometimes have to resort to stealing.

Soup mixed with super noodle's seem to be their stable diet to fill up on.

There is a neighbor not far, he is the one that rents out the place where they live.

He is concerned that the girls are on their own a lot, and has said if they're Father is away for much longer he would have to inform Social Services. Being that they have been in foster homes before and split up, they don't want that to happen again. So they hide things from him and lie to him at all costs.

An incident happens one day when their Father has come home.

The girls are forced to go on the run.

No money, only a truck with hardly any fuel, they take a gun, and some provisions.

Events take a turn for the worse on route.


When their truck breaks down and they are walking to find the nearest place for help, a vehicle slows down, they see two lads in there. Being cautious they didn't at first accept help. But one said he was a mechanic and could sort the truck out.


These lads are not all sweetness and light. That is all I am saying.


They have had to go on the run again changing names and ID. Here they try to create a new life for each of themselves.


Eighteen years pass and one of the sisters go missing.
This flashes back the past which they have tried so hard to 'forget'.


My thoughts:

I loved the sisters relationship with each other in this book. At one time, even though there are age differences it wasn't always the oldest one that made decisions, sometimes the younger one made complete common sense with her viewpoint.

It was a tense drama. Kept me wondering what would become of them.

When they were with those boys and the events written about there [which when you read it you will know exactly what I mean] I was shouting in my head "No, NO, don't believe them, there is something not right"
I wanted to reach out through the pages and wrap these three kids in my arms, bring them home and give them a good family life which all children should be entitled to.

Chevy Stevens really knows how to write a 'thrilling' thriller that has emotions with it, that has tension and wonderment. I did so enjoy this book and was sorry when it ended.

Nope, I didn't work out the ending, so that's a PLUS for me.


I received an uncorrected manuscript from the publishers so some may be subject to change, however, the story will remain in tact

Thank you to the author and to St. Martin's Press Via Net galley for allowing me to read and review this advanced copy




This is totally 'unputdownable'.

There has not been one Chevy Stevens book I have had the pleasure of reading that I haven't liked or had a small moan about. This author really knows its reader.


The Campbell sisters, Jess, Courtney and Dani do not have the best of lives. They're Mother was dead. 
[The story tells you how she came to die]
And they live with they're Father. He is one horrible man! He treats each girl terrible, he's abusive, cruel, he's cruel to the point of almost death.

He goes off to work for periods of times and the girls spend a lot of time on their own. No money for food. They sometimes have to resort to stealing.

Soup mixed with super noodle's seem to be their stable diet to fill up on. 

There is a neighbor not far, he is the one that rents out the place where they live. 

He is concerned that the girls are on their own a lot, and has said if they're Father is away for much longer he would have to inform Social Services. Being that they have been in foster homes before and split up, they don't want that to happen again. So they hide things from him and lie to him at all costs.

An incident happens one day when their Father has come home. 

The girls are forced to go on the run. 

No money, only a truck with hardly any fuel, they take a gun, and some provisions.

Events take a turn for the worse on route. 


When their truck breaks down and they are walking to find the nearest place for help, a vehicle slows down, they see two lads in there. Being cautious they didn't at first accept help. But one said he was a mechanic and could sort the truck out.


These lads are not all sweetness and light. That is all I am saying.


They have had to go on the run again changing names and ID. Here they try to create a new life for each of themselves.


Eighteen years pass and one of the sisters go missing.
This flashes back the past which they have tried so hard to 'forget'. 


My thoughts:

I loved the sisters relationship with each other in this book. At one time, even though there are age differences it wasn't always the oldest one that made decisions, sometimes the younger one made complete common sense with her viewpoint. 

It was a tense drama. Kept me wondering what would become of them. 

When they were with those boys and the events written about there [which when you read it you will know exactly what I mean] I was shouting in my head "No, NO, don't believe them, there is something not right"
I wanted to reach out through the pages and wrap these three kids in my arms, bring them home and give them a good family life which all children should be entitled to.

Chevy Stevens really knows how to write a 'thrilling' thriller that has emotions with it, that has tension and wonderment. I did so enjoy this book and was sorry when it ended.

Nope, I didn't work out the ending, so that's a PLUS for me.


I received an uncorrected manuscript from the publishers so some may be subject to change, however, the story will remain in tact

Thank you to the author and to St. Martin's Press Via Net galley for allowing me to read and review this advanced copy





PRE ORDER YOUR COPY 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment