Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, 2 March 2015

The Vanilla Bet by Ella Emerson

The Vanilla BetThe Vanilla Bet by Ella Emerson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This is a 3.5 for me. I really enjoyed the story, as its not just a straight forward boy meets girl romance, we have some fun in it, some thriller/mystery type sequences in it.

How they met was through a bet. Hence the name of the book. [I thought that a clever caption]

Trace Westen thinks a lot, and I mean A LOT of himself, hes a hunk, he can get anyone right?

One night playing poker he looses his hand and has to accept the bet. He has to pursue this girl and date her. The thing is, like all romance stories, she is HOT and ATTRACTIVE and he's SMITTEN.

We also have some little trysts thrown in here which makes it more of an exciting story and not just any old love story, which I DID like, this kept me turning pages.

I can see this author improving in her work as she goes on with good ideas if this is the beginning of her writing as an author.

Would I recommend it to my romance reader friends? yes, most definitely I would.


There are a lot of romance books being written, hence my 3.5 stars as its a tough world to compete out there. But I personally think this author has great style.

I'm looking for more books to come my way from her.



Trace Weston lives in the beautiful Palm Beaches. A college student who would rather party his life away than accept his father's company. He loses a bet at a college party and has to have a "vanilla" relationship with a girl he has never met.

Vanessa Summers, moved to Florida to attend college for her love of the arts. She also left behind a dark past that haunts her every day. She meets Trace and is instantly taken with his irresistible charm. Will she be able to keep her secrets hidden? Will Trace be able to help her find the answers to what she is searching for? Will they be able to find who and what is trying to keep them apart? 

This book is not suitable for persons under the age of 18. STRONG LANGUAGE, SEXUAL MATERIAL, and INTENSE VIOLENCE








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment