Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 17 September 2014

The Competition by Marcia Clark

The Competition (Rachel Knight, #4)The Competition by Marcia Clark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a very strong story. I know this is fiction but it brought back to me the times I've heard on the News of shootings in schools.

This opens up almost immediantley with the shooting. The young teacher throwing her arms as wide as she can to protect the youngsters. The girl hidden under the table whose head gets shot at close range. At times this author had me wriggling in my seat. I don't usually read discriptive words as plainly told as this, so much so I could see it in my minds eye and felt physically sick.
I don't read blood and gore, but this story had to have the details to bring it home.

The puzzles of crime solving were coming together nicely and fitting where they should go to make a picture and lead up to the killer/killers. But there were pieces that fitted but they were all so wrong so, just as you thought you were travelling along with the Detectives it all changed.

I loved the unpredictability of this. Kept me engrossed. I just had to read some of the shootings with one eye closed!

I would like to thank Mulholland Books for allowing me to read and review this book.



In Marcia Clark's most electrifying thriller yet, Los Angeles DA Rachel Knight investigates a diabolical high school massacre.

A Columbine-style massacre at a high school in the San Fernando Valley has left a community shaken to its core. Two students are identified as the killers. Both are dead, believed to have committed a mutual suicide. But in the aftermath of the shooting, as LA Special Trials prosecutor Rachel Knight and Detective Bailey Keller dig deeper, they realize that the pieces don't add up. Could it be that the two "killers" were themselves victims? And if so, does that mean that the real killers are still on the loose? When someone starts dropping clues that another horrific crime is in the works, Rachel and Bailey scramble desperately to profile their suspect and prevent another killing--before it's too late






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment