Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, 7 September 2014

Be My December by Rachel Brookes

Be My DecemberBe My December by Rachel Brookes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Be My December

I thought this was going to be a straight forward love story, I am so glad it had more to it than that with some meaty substance I could grind into.

Eden is a young girl who was in great distress, she had through something terrible no girl, no woman or even man should ever have to go through. They say.....Just say NO. No means NO. Not in this case. Emotionally, she is a mess.

To cope at times she takes on another name, I think psychologically it helps her pretend she is someone else. But of course, it doesn't work.

One night at a club with her very best friend pretending to be Kellie, another bad experience happens, or is about to happen until Ky steps in. Its out of character for Ky to do something like this, so he ponders on why he's done it, but there is 'something about this girl' he cannot ignore.
Eden has learnt that saying NO doesn't get you anywhere, just gets you hurt, so she says Yes. She things this will protect her. When the guy was extending his hands all over Edens body and Ky could see the distress she was in, it was in her eyes, he marched over and claimed her as his girlfriend.

Here starts the friendship that gradually builds up between them. But it takes a long time for Eden to trust him although she is strongly attracted to him.

I kinda guessed which path this would lead down and thought it was going to be pretty straight forward....how wrong was I!

She started to get text messages, nasty text messages, now I was sat up on the alert, this had made me see that this book was going to be more meatier than I expected. I was held as captive as Eden, wondering who the hell this was.

The book was from Edens POV and then Kys POV, which everyone who knows me knows I am not a lover of books written like this, I can't see the point when you can do that perfectly anyway, but then again, I am from the old school of book reading and this new fashion annoys me at times, but this author does do it tastefully and there are only a handful of books I can say the authors flip very well so that the reader doesn't get fed up. I for once get fed up as it repeats itself, may I hasten to add THIS BOOK DID NOT, it didn't go over and over the same points but from the others POV phew!

I thought the author worked a very good story here.

The author was undertaking a blog tour, so I got involved with it and offered to read the advanced copy.

I must say, I stuck with this book from beginning to end and enjoyed it.



I knew the exact moment I’d become a ‘yes’ girl. 
December 16th, a cold winter’s night, four years ago. 
The night my innocence was stolen, the night I made the mistake of saying no—a mistake I’d never make again. 
The dream of a ‘happily ever after' was now a locked away myth. I promised myself that I’d never return to the place of my worst nightmare, that I’d never let anyone get close, but then again, I never thought I’d meet someone like him. 
The intense, confident and beautiful Ky Crawford.

I had no plans to become someone’s Prince Charming. 
I couldn’t be. I refused to be. My plan was simple—do whatever it takes to correct my biggest mistake, my one regret that now controlled my life. 
I was on track. I had plans, but then everything changed when I saw her—the girl in the red jacket, the girl who I was told couldn’t say no. 
The reserved yet stunning Eden Rivers.
A girl who can’t say no.
A guy who craves redemption.
A chance encounter?

It all comes down to this.
One question.
One month.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment