Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, 6 July 2014

Time To Let Go by Christoph Fischer

Time To Let GoTime To Let Go by Christoph Fischer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am glad the author agreed for me to read this book and take a chance on my review.

When I read the blurb of the book I just knew if it was written well I would love it. Not knowing the way this author writes, or even heard of him, I was hoping I would be right.

My enjoyment of this book was immense. I read this in one sitting today from cover to cover. Christopher Fischer has a wonderful way of weaving a good story subject that many of us in our families either are going through or gone through or even [God forbid] go through. Alzheimer's is not good, its a horrible 'stealing' disease that equips you of no memory, or limited memory lapses, its also disabling in a 'self preservation' as each victim of the disease is robbed bit by bit of an independent life.

Biddy, now she is the one with alzheimer's, a pleasant, sometimes funny character due to her illness, which this author brings out brilliantly. Her husband has always been rigid and set in his ways, and knowing that his wife has this 'problem' he thinks its best all round to keep a 'tight ships' then she will know where she is and just what to do each day, but we find that Biddy sometimes forgets where the bathroom is.

Leaving Biddy alone for any amount of time is worrying. So when their daughter returns for what she calls is a 'short term' stay, she has a different way of approaching her Mother. Somewhere in between is the right way.

But with the daughter's return comes problems, upheaval and things are just not what they seem.

A air hostess, trained also in life saving skills, one unhappy person flying on her plan turns into a nightmare.

I was pleasantly surprised with the turn in this book, it was something I wasn't expecting, for the life of me I thought it was going to be just about alzheimer's, but the unexpected twist of events brought a greeat feel to the book that hooked me into it even more.

My thanks go to this author for allowing me the pleasure of reading one of his books.


Time to Let Go is a contemporary family drama set in Britain.
Following a traumatic incident at work Stewardess Hanna Korhonen decides to take time off work and leaves her home in London to spend quality time with her elderly parents in rural England. There she finds that neither can she run away from her problems, nor does her family provide the easy getaway place that she has hoped for. Her mother suffers from Alzheimer’s disease and, while being confronted with the consequences of her issues at work, she and her entire family are forced to reassess their lives.
The book takes a close look at family dynamics and at human nature in a time of a crisis. Their challenges, individual and shared, take the Korhonens on a journey of self-discovery and redemption







View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I really like your blog! I love the handwriting rather than type, and also the way you review from the heart, not using cliches like so many do. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete