Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Restless Hearts by Mona Ingram

Restless Hearts  (Gold Rush Romances, #1)Restless Hearts by Mona Ingram
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I loved how Mona Ingram weaved these characters together. The voyage was a real historical adventure for me.

I'm not much into historical novels, but this one didn't feel it had that 'old timer' to it, it was quite a light enjoyable read. Meeting Sarah's friends, all this in the middle of the Gold Rush.

Yes this is a romantic read, love and romance go hand in hand don't they? But this is also a moral story of how anyone can overcome adversity, things life throw at us when we least expect it, its easy to bow out, to lay down and take it, but Sarah was a strong character, or at least that is what came across to me. Kind and humble too, which of course is an attractive quality.

I must thank Mona Ingram for allowing me to read this book eventhough she thought maybe its not my type of genre, but I actually loved it.

Mona Ingram is a very talented author, she seems to plod along writing her books. The ones I have read of hers, I have enjoyed, I so want to read more from her [I do have some in my folders which I bought] so I must take time out from reviewing to actually read one I bought!


Boston, 1849. Denied her dream of attending medical school, Sarah Howard is desperate to leave Boston far behind. Determined to prove that she can make it on her own, she poses as a married woman and boards a schooner bound for San Francisco.

Stuck working in his family’s merchant bank, Jamie Thompson eagerly accepts the challenge of setting up a branch in San Francisco. He’s been restless for some time now, and barely escaped the clutches of the woman determined to marry him.

The attraction between Sarah and Jamie is instant and powerful, yet each has something to prove, if only to themselves. Will their single-minded determination derail a blossoming romance?







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment