Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 3 May 2014

Precious Thing by Colette McBeth

Precious ThingPrecious Thing by Colette McBeth
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was hyped up for all its contents and glory so I waited for the dust to settle before reading this.

I always liken it to watching a movie. People saying how good it is, raving about "you've not see it yet? boy or boy, go see it" So you do, and come out of the cinema, popcorn in had and say to yourself "ummm what was all that about". My theory is, because we are expecting more than what it is, so then we are let down, so learning from this, I do the same for my books.

I'm glad I waited because it took the excitement away, things in the book world calmed a little and I picked this book up.

I was given this as a complimentary copy from Headline Publishers via Net Galley. Thank you.

I loved the story. It wasn't just a straight forward two little girls growing up together, falling out as adults and getting back together again once they worked their problems out. It was oh so much more than that. Secrets and lies can so tear up a brilliant relationship, but what if you learn about it later? What then?

I would urge you to put this on your list to reads. Its very compelling.


Remember the person you sat next to on your first day at school? Still your best friend? Or disappeared from your life for good?

Some friendships fizzle out. Rachel and Clara promised theirs would last for ever. 

They met when Rachel was the new girl in class and Clara was the friend everyone wanted. Now in their late twenties Rachel has everything while Clara's life is spiralling further out of control. Then Clara vanishes. 

Imagine discovering something about your oldest friend that forces you to question everything you've shared together. The truth is always there. But only if you choose to see it.







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment