Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 14 May 2014

BROKEN IMAGE by Rene D. Schultz

BROKEN IMAGEBROKEN IMAGE by Rene D. Schultz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was lucky enough to get a beta read of this.

I'm an avid fan and stalker of Rene D Schultz from the very first book she had written BISHOP STREET to DONE DEAL.

As Rene D Schultz took me through this book of a thought provoking nature, I was thinking, I wouldn't want to be young growing up now. Our "image" is the one that is taken at first value, what we look like, not the person inside.

The outer vessel has to look as perfect as perfect can be, and if its not.....
you are left to feel inadequate. Leaving a person without confidence, lack of friends even in this world of "image perfection".

I spoke to the author about this, she lives in LA and I live in the UK. Lives are a little bit different. I would say that plastic surgeons are not to be found on every street corner here, and not as easy to afford. However, there are still children very young who want changes to their body to be had as they see themselves inadequate. In LA I would imagine that is much more so.

Here we have Mercedes. Her friends are having this altered, that altered, they even try to coax her to go 'under the knife'.

There is a huge twist to the ending that I didn't see coming, as per usual Rene's lovely style of writing.

ONE of the reasons I love this authors work is because she has a moral to every story. Its though provoking, and sometimes, enlightening.

I urge you to pick up a copy of this and read it. Youngsters out there, they need reassurance about their bodies, they need to be made to feel beautiful. And we can do that.

This is a work of fiction, but like I say, its also true to life.


Women are constantly pressured with the overwhelming message that achieving ‘perfect beauty’ is mandatory to be accepted and successful.

Mercedes survived a childhood with a hateful and mentally ill mother who constantly called her an ‘ugly duckling.’ Now, at twenty-nine, she’s a brilliant financial icon in Beverly Hills. She knew she was not beautiful, or stunning, or even close to either. She was plain, simple, and ordinary. Not at all close to what some, even her friends, considered ‘acceptable.’ Take this journey with Mercedes and her four friends who live in a city that judges a woman solely by her outside and not her inside. Will the pressure to obtain beauty become her downfall? Will Mercedes be forced to face decisions that would change her life forever? Or will reality raise its ugly head and teach her the biggest lesson of her life






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment