Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, 4 February 2014

This dark road to Mercy by Wiley Cash

This Dark Road to MercyThis Dark Road to Mercy by Wiley Cash
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This books blurb took my interest. So I requested this to read from Random House UK, Transworld Publishers via Net Galley and was granted access to read and review it.

I've not heard of this author before and was aware that the majority of my reading material have been female authors, so was wondering if this would reflect on my reading. I know that sounds a bit sexist but I don't mean it in that way at all. Males and females have different ways of reflecting on things, that's what makes us different.

I was so pleased I took the dive into the book as it held my attention right away and had to stick with it until I had it finished.

Its told most times from the eyes of a young girl, two sisters, the father has signed a paper to say he gave up rights to them, and the Mother later died. The eldest of the sisters went through the loss of her Mother actually seeing her die and then having to tell her small sister.

They were taken into care. But the father reappears one day and then the story really does pick up fast pace.
Its not a legal custody case though, this is very much verging on the side of a thriller. I can't say enough how much I enjoyed reading this story. It had so much stacked into it, and it came away layer after layer in a very cleverly way.

I would highly recommend this book. The author has done a fantastic job in drawing a reader in and keeping them in his clutches.
The critically-acclaimed author of the New York Times bestseller A Land More Kind Than Home returns with a resonant novel of love and atonement, blood and vengeance, involving two young sisters, a wayward father, and an enemy determined to see him pay for his sins

When their mother dies unexpectedly, twelve-year-old Easter and her six-year-old sister Ruby are shuffled into the foster care system in Gastonia, North Carolina, a town not far from the Appalachian mountains. But just as they settle into their new life, their errant father, Wade, an ex-minor league baseball player whom they haven't seen in years, suddenly appears and wants to spend more time with them. Unfortunately, Wade has signed away legal rights to his daughters, and the only way he can get Easter and Ruby back is to steal them away in the middle of the night.

Brady Weller, the girls' court-appointed guardian, begins looking for Wade, and he quickly turns up unsettling information linking Wade to a recent armored car heist, one with a whopping $14.5 million missing. But Brady Weller isn't the only one hunting the desperate father. Robert Pruitt, a shady and mercurial man nursing a years-old vendetta, is also determined to find Wade and claim his due.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment