Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Quake by Lisa Arrington

QuakeQuake by Lisa Arrington
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I must have overlooked this book, it was sent to me some time ago via a book tour. So my sincere apologies for not reading it sooner.

I looked at the blurb and wondered how I would get on with this as its not my usual style of a book I would choose to read.

It was a bit slow in the beginning, it took me quite a while to fathom out who was who and what actually was going on, once I did, I imagined myself watching this like a movie on TV.

The earth quakes were not your usual kind of earth quakes, and this goo would come out of it.

I can honestly say, if this is your kind of book [genre] you will enjoy it immensely, that doesn't mean I didn't, I did! but it was hard going for me because of the content.

I have given 4 stars to this book, simply because I am not going to be biased and rate it because I personally found it hard going because of the subject matter, looking outside the box, I think this book is well written, flows well, and although gets off to a slow start, it reaches a good climax.

Ali and Caden thought they were your average teenagers trying to navigate high school pressures and college decisions.

During a camping trip all of that changes when an earthquake ushers in an Alien invasion on their small desert hometown.

Lives are lost and friendships are tested as Ali and Caden, along with their best friends, begin running for their lives. However, nothing can prepare them for the secrets they discover when they begin learning more about themselves then they ever thought possible






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment