Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 12 August 2017

Review: The Room by the Lake

The Room by the Lake The Room by the Lake by Emma Dibdin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


My thanks to Head of Zeus who sent me an advanced copy to read and enjoy. I really did enjoy this book, it was an adventure that I went on with the young girl Caitlin.
It starts out like party time meeting new people, enjoying the life.
When Caitlin meets Jake in a bar, he takes her to her to his parent's place, but all is not what it seems with Jake, there are hidden depth and all are lies.

Being in a remote part of Upsstate New York is not the best place to be for her as we find she is vulnerable, not very worldly wise and so you fear for her.

She doesn't know who to trust.

Soon we realise there is a cult going on, stalking around which makes the book pick up fast. Coupled with Caitlin's emotional state and where she is in her life right now we can see why she became easy prey.

We follow her right through.

This lead me to a few questions, what makes people join a cult? Why do they stay? How did they escape and fair afterwards? Did they need help, therapy?

It was a book that was slow in the start up, bit like revving an engine but once the power picked up so did the speed of the read.

What I particularly liked was the lurking of something dark and sinister behind that scenes, it was like something or someone was going to 'jump' out at any minute.

Very enjoyable read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment