Sunday, 18 June 2017

Review: The Lucky Ones

The Lucky Ones The Lucky Ones by Mark Edwards
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well well well. Should I be surprised that this author Mark Edwards has left me gasping for breath at the end of this read? Definitely not! Compared to other books written by Mark Edwards I should have known that I'd be left with the thought "What a fabulous enjoyable read that was!"


Do not read the Letter from Author at the back of the book until you've read the full story. It might give away details that may spoil your enjoyment.

I personally look forward to reading The letter at the back from Mark as he intrigues me on how he comes up with his subject matter.
This sounded like a challenge to him at times working on themes and intricately adding data and making it as factual (even though it's fiction) as possible.

The plot is water tight.
The book is long with short snappy chapters that lead us awe inspiringly into another.

It's told in two parts. It's been very cleverly knitted together where the seams are invisible.

I was glued to this book. And I love how some authors make areas of known parts that are real come to life.
This author does that.

He clearly makes each person in his story become reality to us readers, breathing life bit by bit. I imagine them as empty shells and as we read air gets pumped into them bit by bit as we learn and understand the characters he's created.

A couple of reviewers who have knowledge of certain factual within this book have pointed out some "mistakes" for the majority of us who just enjoy a good plot, excitement and ignore some mistakes will find this an acceptable in the degree of the brilliance of this authors work.

The DI female is a formidable woman.
She's come from a big town to a small village/town that has never seen the likes of what has been happening here, and maybe, will never see again....
But who knows.


We are thrown off the scent a few times and I have to humbly admit to being fooled, I was held out on the climax big time with this one for sure.

The attention to detail was a delight to read and some amusing sentences believe it or not.

Ben was such a lovely person trying to raise Ollie his son the best way he could since his marriage split up.
Not always did it go to plan.

There were several characters in their happy places within this thrilling thriller that gripped me by the throat as much as the Villian gripped Ben by the balls.



An absolutely superb read.

Thank you to Thomas & Mercer, Mark Edwards and the Publicist for my copy.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment