Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, 11 June 2017

Review: Liar

Liar Liar by K.L. Slater
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well this author has done it again, shes written unputdownable psychological thriller that has kept me on tender hooks all the way through and although I got a whiff of dirty misdemeanours, some were never confirmed by the author leaving [me] the reader totally in awe and captivated long after I read the last page.

Judi was a likeable person. I admired how close her grown son Ben was to her, and of course, she helped him look after his two sons after his wife died. Cleaned house, did the washing and ironing and fed them.

Ben meets Amber. Its never easy for us Mums when children fall in love and meet someone. But Ben had been married and Judi got along with her previous daughter-in-law so seeing that she wants her son to be happy then she would befriend Amber. But the author lead us down another route which I didn't expect or see coming.

Then there is her husband.
Then there are Ambers secrets and past.
Judi's other son had died but we don't know how. But Judi's grief is very much at the forfront within these pages.

Judi is also going through the menopause and gets hot flushes. I know first hand how that can affect a woman, sleepless nights, mood swings, forgetfulness and sometimes being just darnright unreasonable. So most times she just came across as a middle aged woman who adored her son, grandkids and just resented having to take a back seat now that Amber was on the scene.

Is that the reason why Judi dislikes Ben's new girlfriend?
Maybe her grief has got her to the point of focusing on Ben and her grandsons, after all, apart from her job, who else needs her.

There are rapid movements within this tale that will get your stomach twisted in knots, you won't know if you are coming or going.

I took one evening to get to 90% and finished it off the following morning whilst eating my breakfast, this was definitely a book I personally couldn't put down.

I loved this authors previous psychological thrillers, her last one BLINK had me on the edge of my seat.

I shout yeahhhhhhh when I see she has another book, so I'm sure to do the same on her next published book.

I was chatting to my husband about this book this morning, eventhough I have started another book this one will stay with you.

THANK YOU bookoutour and NET GALLEY for my copy

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment