Tuesday, 23 May 2017

Review: Secrets of Southern Girls

Secrets of Southern Girls Secrets of Southern Girls by Haley Harrigan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a very powerful story that captivates you with every page you turn.

Ten years ago Julie accidentally kills her best friend. There was no punishment by law for her, she's punished herself.

She left her hometown determined that nothing and no one would bring her back.

She was wrong.

Her marriage falls apart, she just surviving with her daughter Beck.
Reb is always breaking through the surface of her mind although at times she's been busy and distracted but things have a way of surfacing. Resurfacing. And people.

August who was Rebs fella came to seek Julie out as he believes she has a diary left from Reb.
She doesn't.

Of course now she wonders what's in this diary and what will be revealed.

Augusts words play on Julie's mind.

"if you don't have it, who in the hell does"

I was really eager by that time to find out myself!!

So carrying on reading I was hastily turning pages.

This is a knockout of a read. I so thoroughly enjoyed it.

My thanks to SOURCEBOOKS landmark via Net Galley for my copy

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment