Monday, 8 May 2017

Review: The Girl Who Was Taken

The Girl Who Was Taken The Girl Who Was Taken by Charlie Donlea
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is written from the Medical POV within the Police force which makes this read outstanding.

From this authors book last year which I thoroughly enjoyed I made a note to watch for any subsequent books he may write this year of 2017.

This book has simply ingrained in me that I need to follow this author. The writing is superb.
It made me turn page after page working along to discover more and more about this plot.

I'm going to hold back rigidly in not portraying to anyone any more than what other reviewers have written or what's in the blurb because, quite simply, this is a book you need to pick up and devour yourself.

The fast pace this takes never dips. For me there was always something new being discovered.

For those who love this genre (and maybe for those that just enjoy a " good book") will love this authors style.

It wasn't until the very last chapter a light bulb went on in my head as to who the villain was, the one responsible.

I got to know Megan well, at first she was a complete stranger, but, when she started to recall things I endeared to her maturity in coping with what she learnt through hypnosis and at one time I thought the therapist wouldn't be able to bring her back to the preset time. That was unnerving.

I was so in a slump of reading before reading this book, it's really been a turning point for me.

An author to keep your eye on for sure.

My thanks to Kensington books via Net Galley for my copy

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment