Tuesday, 16 May 2017

Review: Allie and Bea

Allie and Bea Allie and Bea by Catherine Ryan Hyde
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love Catherine Ryan Hydes books, I find morals behind most of her stories or they leave me with something to think about once I've read the last page.

Bea is an older woman, she's kind of lead a sheltered life in some respects. Her husband dies and she's found herself very short of money. Her husband didn't plan for the future.

The little bit of money she had in the bank is no longer there. She's been caught up in a telephone scam.

Bea has no option but to take some precious belongings to a friends house, keep some for her needs and give up her home. Traveling as a homeless person in a van.

There begins an unusual relationship with Allie.
Bea is forced to stop for this 15 year old who is hitch hiking.

Allie herself has a story.

I just loved this story a great deal.
What kept going through my mind was " you can't teach an old dog new tricks" .....oh yes you can!

I would highly recommend this book if you love this authors previous books, you are going to be heartwarned by this one.

Thank you to Lake Union Publishing via Net Galley for my copy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment