Tuesday, 25 April 2017

Review: Petals

Petals Petals by Laurisa White Reyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book far exceeded my expectations in as much as I didn't think it would hook me as much as it did.
Having never read any of this authors books before (and I usually read over 200+ per year) I think I will be continuing to look more into any other books she's published.

Here is a young woman that comes from parents who are of different race.
The father comes from Guatemalan and mum is white.
Her mother is dead and she's trying hard to come to terms with this.
I liked how the author moved us to and fro with the girls thoughts.

Her father wants to introduce her to his family so decides a trip is needed.

Guatemalan
She has to meet the extended family who she is reluctant to meet but not only that, why were they not close when her mother was alive?

Bit by bit her healing starts to happen.

It's beautifully woven that will suck you in with emotion.

I really enjoyed reading this.

View all my reviews

1 comment: