Tuesday, 4 April 2017

Review: The Girlfriend

The Girlfriend The Girlfriend by Michelle Frances
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh I so count myself lucky I got on with my Mother-in-law and that I am grounded.

This is a book you will start and be prepared you won't want to drag yourself away from. I stayed with it until I finished it the early hours of this morning.

Relationships

Yes, they are the hardest to keep, the hardest to keep steady but throw in an unsteady person, jealousy and then things crack.

Daniel and Cherry. The Girlfriend.

Daniel was raised in a well to do family his aim was to become a Doctor.
Cherry never had those kind of roots but she wants to become an Estate Agent.
They meet, they fall in love.

Things go well...
At the start.
Laura, the Mother-in-law likes Cherry......
Then believes that Cherry is only with her one and only son for his money.
So now the dynamics change.

Both become vindictive, controlling and darn right nasty women.
Here comes a train wreck.
But who is going to survive?

Things happen to both women. I took some glee from some consequences as both females were so unlikeable you just couldn't help yourself.

There are some really good, nail biting, on the edge of your seat mind blowing tummy churning moments in this read. I was absolutely hooked!

Hold on to your seat belt.

This is a debut.
Yes, the authors very first book.
If this is anything to go by, I cannot wait for future books from her.

What a journey!

Thank you Pan Macmillan via Netgalley for my copy

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment