Saturday, 18 February 2017

Review: Winterscroft

Winterscroft Winterscroft by Anita Waller
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Having never read any of this authors books before and having an opportunity to do so now, I was eager to start this.

The author starts the story off with quite a heart rendering punch. An accident.
This affects this Christian family enormously as you can imagine. With a fatality of the daughter Lavender.
Read that name and I dare you to not get a whiff of the heady scent of Lavender in your subconscious mind. I know I did.

Things seem to be plodding on until (not going to name names as don't want to spoil it) there is planning for a wedding. The wedding is taking place but it's Lavenders fiancé who is now getting married.

Things start to heat up with the creepiness of this story that will either blow your mind or make you run and hide under the duvet.

Very well written. Very atmospheric.

Thank you to Bloodhound books for my gifted copy

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment