Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, 3 February 2017

Review: This Is How It Always Is

This Is How It Always Is This Is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I must say that the complex message in the blurb is what first attracted my curiosity I had heard or seen nothing about the hype of this book until recently which is good for me, I could walk in open minded and away from distractions from the hype.

The first half of the book was a struggle for me. There is a huge amount of narration and not much dialogue although at times even the dialogue was hard for me to follow at times to.

I got it though. I got the gist of it all.

This is a good modern times family that accept things, like they have accepted Claude their young son who needs to be Poppy.
We learn from the start the complexity of her sons feelings at an early age.

It's a powerful book with a message.

There are some fun things that will make you smile.

I've given it a 3 star simply because I really struggled reading this, not because of the subject matter, not because of the complexity, more from the readers POV in keeping with it.

My thanks to Headline via Net Galley for my copy

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment