Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, 25 February 2017

Review: The Sixth Window

The Sixth Window The Sixth Window by Rachel Abbott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This story starts off with a huge bang which dominoes a sequence of events that destroy.

I refuse to go into details of this story simply because I'm bound to let something slip. I don't want to do this because it's such a fabulous plot that's keeps you enmeshed from the beginning to end.

Each character is clearly defines, rounded out and very real in your minds eye.
There are no muddling up of characters to cause the reader confusion.

I was endeared to the Mom and the daughter. A great close relationship, although misguided at times to protect each other from hurt. But totally vital to the story and very cleverly weaved in.

Misplaced loyalties can be hard.
If you have a unit of friends, a unit of trust but you know something. But you reveal it and that not only can cause hurt, but it can cause a knock on effect with trust "why didn't you tell me!!"
Sitting on things to not cause harm or hurt yet causing yourself pain and loss.

A human fact most of us at sometime can go through but to a lesser degree than this (hopefully)

The author never ceases to amaze me how she comes up with such shockingly good plots that I dare any reader who loves thrillers, not to love.

I was really taken with this book, so yes, I'm gushing because I loved it so much.

I've spent 2 days on and off twisted within the spinning web of this tale, this clever piece of work. And when I have had to go to sleep or carry on with daily life, I've wanted to pick up the book and get into it again.

I am a reader that can't wait for the next 'Rachel Abbott' book to be released

My thanks to Black Dot Publishing via Net Galley for my copy

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment