Saturday, 18 February 2017

Review: The Gift

The Gift The Gift by Louise Jensen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have to say how much I enjoyed reading this story. I know it's fiction but I have also learnt a lot. And it's brought back some memories for me in a certain way.

This is about a transplant. A heart transplant.
I'm not going into details as if you haven't read it yet, it's quite fascinating, mysterious, enlightening and scary at the same time.

Fascinating because- a lot of people are on the donor list
Mysterious-because- This was something my dad said when he had a blood transfusion years ago
Enlightening because- there was a fact in this book that I just had to Google. Eye opener.
Scary because- it's perturbing but also comforting to know all at the same time


The plot of the story, the route of the story and the path it leads you down is dark at times but with sunshine. If I'm confusing you, what I mean is, there are two ways to look at this.
The transplant and the effects on the reciepiant and the family of the donor is very emotionally moving as well as very fascinating.

It's a fabulous story that really had me thinking, pondering at times.

There are some twists within the pages that hook you well and truly in by the jugular.

A fascinating superbly written plot.


My thanks to Bookoutour and Net Galley for my gifted copy

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment