Sunday, 26 February 2017

Review: Asylum

Asylum Asylum by Jeannette de Beauvoir
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I think I have quite a realistic approach to life.
I have read some really good books with quite horrific subject matter.

When it came to the parts where I was reading a child's diary as the pages unfolded and more of the diary was introduced, my gut started churning. It was reading matter very high on the emotional rector scale. So this is most definitely not a book to read for the faint hearted.
Or, if you are easily shocked.

The reason (for me) why I gave it 3.5 stars is because it's like watching a film with subtitles popping up when someone is speaking a different language. It's informative, essential but distracting.

This was the same whilst reading this. I have hardly no experience or knowledge of the French language apart from getting by on the essentials.

A book that has great impact.

My thanks to St Martins Press for my copy


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment