Sunday, 22 January 2017

Review: The Lost Daughter of Liverpool: A heartbreaking and gritty family saga

The Lost Daughter of Liverpool: A heartbreaking and gritty family saga The Lost Daughter of Liverpool: A heartbreaking and gritty family saga by Pam Howes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well I wasn't expecting that.
I love this book so much, I really can't wait for the next one to carry on from this one.
It didn't finish as a cliff hanger as such, but, almost certainly kept you gasping for more.

You get some people that seem to sail through life. Then you get others that get all the knock downs life throws at them. How many times can Dora get up from being knocked down.

I found this an emotional read on two levels.

My first level was when Dora and her husband went through a tragedy of event concerning their babies.

The depression and psychosis that Dora goes through is tragic. But she mends.
Only for other things to happen.

I so felt for Dora. I could understand her mental state, her anguish and her way of thinking and her unhealthy mind turning and twisting things.
Very scary for her husband and a lonely road for him to go down. I've been there. Bringing up kids with the aide of his mother-in-law.

It's real people within these pages. They are tangible. I can feel them.

So many tears were shed whilst reading this I got a blocked nose! Red eyes.

Just where is Dora and her hubby going to end up?

What about Frank her brother. Oh my dayz I'm so into this family unit I feel a part of it.

My thanks to the author for such a fantastic read. I'm waiting on the next instalment. I won't forget what this is about ever.
Thank you to Bookoutour for my early copy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment