Sunday, 6 November 2016

Review: Duplicity

Duplicity Duplicity by Sibel Hodge
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Sibel Hodge has been my fast growing one of my favorite authors from the first book I ever read by her.

She is an author that you sit patiently awaiting her next book.
No matter what, you just know you are in for a great time.

This would make for an awesome movie.

It's told from two different angles from the heading of the chapter.

When I saw The One heading on the chapters it was engrossing to get into the head of the person whose thoughts, life and viewpoints you were reading. Chilling and dark.

Alyssa and Max the happy couple who had everything.
Alyssa the beauty devoured by every male and admired by females.

Max, rich, comfortable, head of his own empire.

Perfection comes at a cost.

To tell you how I felt about this storyline rather than the story itself, had me trapped within its pages.
I watched the spider spinning g it's wicked web.
But, the web, was it solid enough? Did it trap the right person?

We had head of the detective unit and another who works under him.
Those two had not only history but competition and one with emotional hurt after loosing his wife to cancer.

Spellbinding is one word that comes to mind for this story.
Chilling reality.
Dark.
Realistic.

And the plot was water tight. It was leading, the road was full of anxious OMG moments and, OMG that's incredible.
We got to the end....
But we didn't.
We climaxed, then we fell into a false sense of wonderment.
Relaxed in the afterglow only for the rhythm to pick up pace and like a horse race we are OFF......
Where is the finishing line!

When you get to the finishing line, be prepared to GASP.

I received this book as a gift

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the amazing review, Sue! So thrilled you liked it :) xx

    ReplyDelete