Monday, 28 November 2016

Review: Caged

Caged Caged by Onaiza Khan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a short story, quite easy to get into, and at first appears straight forward.
A wife being held captive by her husband.
A servant named Alba bringing her breakfast, lunch and supper.

Alba never speaks, just smiles.

Her husband only comes on the evening.

She hears screaming ugly cries from another part of the house.
She only has residence of one room.......until.

My mind was torn between her imagination or was this real.

Quite a fair start to the series.

My downside to some were the childish remarks when she found her way to the chained up man.
Sometimes I felt certain paragraphs were slightly immature to its descriptive meanings, and how could you have a sense of humour descovering the man heavily tied in chains. Some of the remarks and observations were a little infantile for my liking.
I found myself raising my eyes to the ceiling and tutting.....not a good sign.

It needs editing, it needs discussing with someone how to put (what could be a better presentation) over better to a wider audience to be more believable.

This could be oh so much better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment