Tuesday, 11 October 2016

Review: Resthaven

Resthaven Resthaven by Erik Therme
My rating: 3 of 5 stars



When the author approached me to see if this book might interest me, I looked at it and read the blurb. I realized I already had this book which I had purchased, so agreed to bring it forward for a review and my thoughts.

I tried all the way through to read this from the angle of a YA as its mostly pointed towards that age bracket.
After saying that, I think anyone can read this and enjoy it, remember, the YA has to be reflected in the book as to dialogue etc.

Keeping that in mind I read on. I found the slow pace at first a bit of a struggle, me personally I like to be 'thrown' inside the book at least by chapter 3. I didn't find that with this one, I got a bit confused on who was who too as a lot of characters in here that if they had more distinguishing features, flaws or made each to stand out more then my brain whilst reading would have acknowledged them more fully.

As the time went on though, this was rectified by the author and more in depth occurred.


Great story, great plot, some good jaw dropping moments which I am sure many YA would love.

Its a good read, makes for interesting time consumption. I don't think as an adult I could expect more for the category its placed in.

I do love the cover.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment