Tuesday, 11 October 2016

Review: The Girls Next Door

The Girls Next Door The Girls Next Door by Mel Sherratt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Since my very first book by this author I have been hooked on her style of writing. Each book I have subsequently read has made me feel the same way.

The realistic approach and the realism of her stories, plots and characters become so insightful and real that it plays out in my minds eye.

This one is of no exception.
This is a fabulous start to a new series. What I also loved was that she drew in The Estate which although isn't a carry on saga it added an indepth meaning because we already learnt about the 'area'.

So between the run down council estate and the 'upper class' [compared] you somehow feel you are in familiar surroundings. I loved that.

Deanna is the girl that was killed.
The wrong person is being detained.

The crimes and events that happen afterwards, are they connected?

The abduction of Jess, the person who did this, the entire character of him was so well portrayed that at the end I almost felt sorry for him. I certainly understood him [if that's not warped of me to say so]

As the author leaks out more and more of what the parents find out about their children is jaw droppingly good!

My favorite books is when there is a lot of dialogue going on as loads of narration seems to make me yawn and skip a few pages, so that is another reason I love books by this author.
The chit chat, the dialogue the intense feelings it brings about within me whilst reading one of Mel Sherratt's books.

I really cannot wait for book 2

I would like to give special thanks to Bookoutour, the author and Kim Nash.








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment