Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, 26 October 2016

Review: Freedom from Constipation: Natural Remedies for Digestive Health

Freedom from Constipation: Natural Remedies for Digestive Health Freedom from Constipation: Natural Remedies for Digestive Health by Christopher Vasey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I saw this book on Net Galley and because I suffered so badly with constipation after coming off painkillers I thought I'd have a read. See if there is anything in here new to me other than what I'd been told by my Doctor.

We all suffer at some stage in our lives.

It was interesting to me that I had three triggers.

Stress
Medication
Not drinking enough water

Stress in my life I can't do much about.
Medication I could.
Drinking more water I've increased.

At the beginning of the book it explains exactly how we are made inside, goes onto tell us how to examine our poohs (excuse me) describing how to have a more effective release of food waste without bulk by pass or tremendous strain and end up with piles!

The importance of knowing solvable fibre to not solvable fibre.

The difference in grains 'in' food as opposed to whole grains and how the help.

It was interesting to me how our plate should be more veg, less carbs and definitely less meat especially red meat.

How long foods take to reach the end of your colon.

If anyone suffers with constipation this is one of the best books I've read.
So much information.


My thanks to the publishers and Net Galley for my copy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment