Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, 18 October 2016

Review: Beneath the Ashes

Beneath the Ashes Beneath the Ashes by Jane Isaac
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I always wait with bated breath for the next book that this authors brings out. I always think, ah I liked her last one, can she do better?
No matter how many ask me "did she do better?" my reply is, no, she did not, because each of her books are just as good as the last. And so far I have enjoyed my time reading each and every one of them, this is of no exception.

DI Will Jackman is the lead of this Investigation who throughout the book I have learnt a great deal about him. Nancy wakes up on a cold hard floor, she is dazed, she doesn't know where she is, as she blinks her eyes, pain shoots through her head. What has happened?

The house has been broken into, her boyfriend has vanished without trace.

There's a body burnt out in the barn. Is that Evan her boyfriend?

As you follow DI Will Jackson tearing off one strip of an onion at a time, your eyes water with the complexity of it all, you hear your brains cog wheels straining to keep up, your mind is all over the place thinking you know the answers, they are starring you in the face aren't they?

NO its not as simple as that.

Everyone seems to be harboring one secret or another, at some time you even think Nancy may be 'in on it'.

Its a very well thought out clever plot that has a great pace to it.

I enjoyed this, a lot.

My thanks to Legend Press via Net Galley for my copy to read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment