Tuesday, 6 September 2016

Review: The Evil Inside

The Evil Inside The Evil Inside by Philip Taffs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This all starts on 31st of December, New Years Eve [and my birthday!]
A great time for a brand new start for them leaving behind some sad times and moving to Manhattan from Melbourne Australia.

His wife is very fragile and this author brings this to our attention early on in the book, you can feel the unease as it relays.

Guy gets life to some reasonable order to move on with life and his family and better themselves when others things start to happen which slowly takes in his son Callum.

I am not a particular fan of strong horror, so for this to be classed as such I would most definitely land it into the thriller/mild horror area.
There are certainly some chilling moments.

The author nudges us along whilst reading this story with a firm hand on your back knowing that something sooner or later is going to make you gasp, but not in the horror sense of things.

Its certainly not a fast paced book, so be surprised you may be more laid back reading this but on the flip side, Philip Taffs adds a sense of 'just one more chapter', not because its nail biting but more because its a slow paced easy read that just pulls you along nicely.

I don't think I am giving anything away when I say that they had lost a baby. Surrounding this comes a lot of emotions and unexpected events.

Like I say, I had some surprises within the pages of this book, and because of this, I give it 4 stars for holding my attention.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment