Tuesday, 23 August 2016

Review: Small Great Things

Small Great Things Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I make no secret of the fact I am a huge fan of Jodi Picoult books. Many reasons why. Yes she writes well, OK she is a best seller but, I learnt a long time ago that she really does get into controversial story lines that make a reader think. That bring to life lots of things and keep a reader engrossed and fascinated on 'what would you do' or 'how would you handle this' kind of thing.


I am sure there is a life lesson in each book she writes.


This book is about race, its about prejudice at the worse level.

I am not giving away anything that hasn't been said before by the blurb or other reviewers.

A dedicated Midwife, that's all I would see, someone who loves her carer, cares for the babies and the moms and puts them first without thought.

My great gran used to be a midwife and I heard plenty of talk about the big hearts of midwives.
And this midwife in this book is of no exception, but she is black.
That is the fundamental difference in this which reaches highs of a court hearing because a baby dies.

The whole complex issue is so engrossing, so hard hitting that it thumps you in the stomach and your heart drops to the floor for her.

Like all Jodi Picoult books its a 'do not miss this one' because its one that will send you reeling.


I have to thank Hodder & Stoughton and Net Galley for my early copy of this to read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment