Saturday, 23 July 2016

Review: The Second Love of My Life

The Second Love of My Life The Second Love of My Life by Victoria Walters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This reads like a fairytale romance......but with a difference.

Rose lost Lucas and she was devastated. Her first love. Her soul mate. She was married and she had it all. A true life of what good fairytales are made of.

But like all fairytales, there comes a sting in its tale.

I couldn't help comparing my life with my husband who I have known since I was 16 and I am turning 58 at the end of this year, married for 35 years this year.
He is my friend, he was my friend before we fell in love, he still is my friend. Yes we used to argue, yes nothing was perfect, but you know what I mean when I say, you know each other inside and out.
They don't judge you, and when others misunderstand you, they understand you because they know you from your heart, from the depth of your kidneys and back.

Rosie had that kind of a marriage.

How can see ever pick herself up from that?

We see how the author gradually helps her find herself, go from being a couple to a person again in her own right, her individuality emerge, piecing herself together bit by bit.

There was a lot of hype surrounding this story and I always get nervous when I get around to reading something like that, scared it may not lead up to my perceived expectations because I am expecting more from it because of the hype.

I can honestly say, this is a beautiful read. I enjoyed every word.

My thanks to go the PA and Bookbridge plus the publishers for sending me this book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment