Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, 10 July 2016

Review: Damnatio Memoriae

Damnatio Memoriae Damnatio Memoriae by Laura Giebfried
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I was offered this book by the author in exchange for my feedback.

The book has a lot of potential and the storyline is a good plot, it really does unfold slowly and with a nice pace to it.

This could be enhanced by the leaving out of some descriptive actions that got on my nerves a little....
I know its good to describe things to the reader i.e 'I rolled my eyes and turned back to my assignment once again' OK, we need certain details to describe how a person is reacting, but there is a fine line in a sentence and how it is said and the way it is said, but also emphasizing this with descriptive movements being examined too often within one page can become quite tedious to a reader.

I feel [personally] there has to be a balance between the two.

So sometimes I did find my own eyes rolling to the ceiling and thinking 'oh no, that wasn't needed'
Maybe a good editor would have suggested more input to that I am no expert on that case.

Like I say, the story line plot is good, it has a good pace, just for me it needs a little more adjustments.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment