Monday, 27 June 2016

Review: Saving Abby

Saving Abby Saving Abby by Steena Holmes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Steena Holmes, when she writes books like this that are straight from the heart just creeps right inside to the readers heart and life blood, you tend to just take these characters in and want to hug them, keep them safe from harm and enjoy all the little bits of excitement of life they do, their smiles, their disappointments, their heartaches, their survival techniques.

Claire is a children's book illustrator and her husband is a children's story teller.
They work well together.
You go on their adventures together.

Then....
You go on their heartache together.

Claire wants and wishes for one thing, a child of her own.

She had one when she was young which she had to give up for adoption. Is she being punished now because its taking ages for her to conceive.

Finally she is pregnant but not all goes to plan.

Her best friend is a doctor, Abby.


I thought Abby took a brilliant rule in this story, supporter as well as adviser and friend.

Josh, Claire's husband, I so felt for him in the latter chapters of the book. I stepped inside his shoes and wondered what on earth I would do in those circumstances.

Once again, Steena Holmes has bit off a huge emotional subject matter, but she seems to do this and do it VERY WELL that grips the audience in the palm of her hands as she is playing this out.

Its not all doom and gloom but I did shed a few tears here and there.

This author excels herself with topics that some authors wouldn't dare challenge and I love that about this author.

As usual, I am now biting at the bit for her next book.

I was glad to get this copy via Lake Union Publishing and through Net Galley to read.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment