Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, 30 June 2016

Review: It Isn't Cheating if He's Dead

It Isn't Cheating if He's Dead It Isn't Cheating if He's Dead by Julie Frayn
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



My husband said, he didn't mind me saying this as hes not ashamed as he can't help it. I support him.

Since his early 20's to his life now at the age of 62 he has a mental health psychosis known as Bi Polar. So this read was close to my heart and I could feel every pore in my body open, every muscle in my body clench.

If someone goes missing, its bad enough, its terrible, where are they? Where did they go? Who took them? Are they alright?

When someone goes missing how has a mental health illness, did they go off or were vulnerable and been taken off?
Are they OK? Are they still alive?

Did their random thoughts make them wander?

For four years Gerald has been missing and Jem has been seeking to find him. She is seeking him everywhere even homeless shelters. There she meets and looks after them by bringing them food.

When she finds out that Gerald has met his death she still continues the kindness to the homeless people.

But what happened to Gerald?

Finn is the DI who is on the case.

There are emotions that are felt between them as things develop feelings, but Jem is not ready, she needs to come to terms with Geralds death.

I think the author has done a fab job in portraying some of the afflictions from a mental health point of view.

There are so many people who are scared of mental health, but it could be you, it could be me.
It has no target for young or old.

Mental health covers a wide spectrum from Post Natal Depressions to a real psychosis.

I found that the pace of this story was good because it was fast enough to keep you panting between what happens next.

I have to thank the author for asking me if I would like to read this, I am so glad that she did.
Its a subject matter very close to my heart.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment