Thursday, 30 June 2016

Review: I See You

I See You I See You by Clare Mackintosh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I was so mindful of reading this book. I have come across authors debut novels that have really made an impact on me then their subsequent book has fallen flat, so I opened this with trepidation, but I need not have feared because this author has a talent.

Yep, a real talent that just comes through this book immensely.

She has done it again, she has excelled herself in her writing ability to not just pull you into the book, oh no, you are 'shoved' into it with full force and eagerness, so much so, that its a case of 'one more chapter' one more chapter' and so it goes on until your eyes are dropping.

Its a book that stays in your head, just like her debut novel.

Zoe, London Underground, CCTV, being tracked, are you being followed.

All the characters in this story are so real, from someone who is the main character right down to someone you would feel in life is insignificant.

But they are not.

This is a thrill ride, this is a 'is someone watching me, if so who'.
At times its a scary read, a thrilling read, many bit your nail moments.

This is an author that I will be following.

My thanks to Little, Brown Book Group UK via Net Galley for my early copy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment