Friday, 20 May 2016

Review: Missing Believed Dead

Missing Believed Dead Missing Believed Dead by Chris Longmuir
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I sort of think I am coming in the middle of this, as although its a sort of standalone I feel I missed out on something.

I did manage to jump into it though quite quickly, but details from different characters what happened etc were missing for me. That will teach me to start a series from the beginning.

I feel the author has a good pace with this story, not delving in too deep to quickly or revealing things to fast so that the reader can be carried along like on a wave.

As we read we have only a small bunch of characters who stay in our minds as 'suspects' and I suspect that this author cleverly did this to keep us on our toes, she certainly did with mine.


The high brow subject of Internet Predators is high on the agenda here and of course, very up to date with life at the time in history.

DS Bill Murphy has got to familiarize himself with chat rooms as young girls have gone missing. Young girls who used chat rooms.
Are they still alive?

I know the cliche is 'the author kept me guessing until the end', but honestly and truly I was right in these pages walking along each step of the way, sometimes trying to run faster only to head into a brick wall because this author turned the corner around and I went THUMP into it. BUT I thought I knew who is was I hollered, no, wrong.

This is the first book I have read by this author and although I thought at the start I had lost my way by not reading the other books I got through this with no trouble at all because it was relevant to this story.

Watch out for this author, she is hidden behind closed doors and we as readers need to let her out.

Take a chance on her series because going by this one, it had me by the short and curlies.

Thank you to the author for allowing me to read this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment