Friday, 20 May 2016

Review: The Girls In The Woods

The Girls In The Woods The Girls In The Woods by Helen Phifer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't realize when I offered to read and review this from Net Galley through Carina UK that this was the 5th book in the series.

I felt like I missed some things because of it. Not because of the story itself but it was obvious I missed certain things that I needed to know.

Set in Victorian times two young girls are forced heavily to be photographed with their dead sister.
Imagine that! Of course there was some resistance but its not like today, they had to stay there with no voice to offer to refuse.

Later on moving forward in time, there is a boy that finds these photographs. He has a yearning to also take photo's of dead girls.

Here lies a story.

Annie is a Police Officer but shes off on Maternity leave, her husband Will is also a police officer.
But Annie has these special abilities and that is when the supernatural paranormal came into play.

I stayed with it as much as I could but I don't like things like that, it give me goosebumps and I feel quite allergic to the supernatural elements of anything like this so I am afraid to say...

i didn't finish it.


I gave it a 4 star because I could tell that its worthy of it, its just me, I can't read things like this.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your effort in sharing this informative articles. Very impressive and quite interesting for the readers. Good job.

    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete