Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, 8 May 2016

Review: Don't Say a Word

Don't Say a Word Don't Say a Word by Jennifer Jaynes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This is the third book in the series, I think its quite safe to say you can read them as a standalone, but, I would start from book 1, simply because, Jennifer Jaynes is a remarkable talented author. In my humble opinion, and I can only say this as someone who reads a lot of books, her talent is bar far the most natural talent as an author. It just breathes life into each character she creates.

The bit about what the book is about and the reviews you will read will take you to a place where you will find out what the book entails, so I am not saying much about the story due to anymore give aways that may spoil it for others.

Cast: Allie Callahan who has a son named Sammy Allie has to suffer a knowledge of the past of her family that she feels might be haunting her. At the moment, her mind is at peace with the aide of antidepressants.

There is also her adoptive Mother.
Both living quietly in East Texas.

Zoe & Carrie twin girls.
They come to stay with Allie, her son and her adoptive Mother through a terrible tragedy of their parents death.

But who killed their Parents?

Allie and Sammy try to help the two girls come to terms with things and give them some stability.
They are helped with the occasional visit to the Child's Protection Agency where they can talk of their fears. Emotions etc but Carrie doesn't speak. She won't speak.

Zoe on the other hand wants to fit in with the family as she's never had a Mom who loved her like Allie loves Sammy.

There are mysterious phone calls and soon the entire family are embroiled into something they didn't expect.


I have to say, toward the ending I did suspect, but it wasn't until the last couple of chapters that I had an inkling.

This story weaves so well you cannot see the joins.

Another remarkable book from this wonderful author who I will stalk to read her books no matter whether I need to travel to the ends of the earth and back.

This is what you call an AUTHOR as opposed to a writer.
Evoking tension, emotions, biting of finger nails, sleepless nights, urges to want to do nothing else but continue reading until the end.

Every reader will know what I mean.

Thank you Jennifer and Thomas & Mercer for my copies.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment